A Comprehensive Informatics Solution for Biorepositories at Research Centers
In partnership with several leading medical research centers, Daedalus Software, Inc. has developed a comprehensive web-based biosample management solution for supporting medical and biological research across an institution.
The Biomaterial Tracking and Management System for research centers (BTM-Research) automates the collection, processing, storage, annotation, and distribution of biosamples and data using standard workflow procedures at a given research center. Scientists can access biosamples along with their relevant clinical data and annotations in real time, while preserving the privacy, security, and ethical use of patient and donor information.
Daedalus Software, Inc. has built the BTM-Research platform using its proven BTM™ application suite framework. The application workflows can be configured to fit your institution SOPs, and it is intuitively easy to use. BTM-Research can be accessed from any web browser, yet it provides strong security and role-based access control capabilities that safeguard your sensitive patient data against unauthorized access and use.
BTM-Research provides several critical benefits to research centers:
- Allows centers to standardize their sample and data handling procedures, while reducing data entry errors.
- Enables researchers to locate samples and data in support of a protocol faster and more cost-effectively.
- Automates compliance with HIPAA, 21CFR11, IRB, and GxP specimen handling practices.
The result: a reduced Total Cost of Operations enables the BTM-Research application to pay for itself in as little as one year, making it an extremely attractive investment for most research centers.
Group and User Level Access Management
Activity Audit Trail
Transaction Audit Trail
• IRB Management
Online Informed Consent Collection
Online Consent Tracking
IRB Protocol Management
• Comprehensive Patient Information Tracking
• Complete Sample Tracking and Inventory Management
Dynamic Freezer/Location Management
Molecular Derivatives Management
Non-human Sample Management
• Genomics Information Tracking
Genomics Block Specimen
• Tissue Micro-Array Management
• Investigator Request Tracking and Management
• Investigator Portal
Search Engine for Sample Request
Online Sample Tracking
Extract and Export Data in a Variety of Formats